Things to Consider Before and During Your Laminate Flooring Installation
If you are having professionals such as Mat Floors doing your laminate flooring installation then there is absolutely nothing you will need to worry about. This team will ensure that your flooring is installed flawlessly.
For those who like to be kept in the loop and know exactly what is being done, the following should be considered before and during your laminate flooring installation process:
- Make sure that the surface where you wish to install the flooring is even and dry.
- Decide whether you are going to prefer a foam or rubber underlay. Rubber underlays are known to reduce walking noise.
- It is important to have a little extra laminate flooring at your disposal than necessary. This is to cater for installation errors, damage and even cuts.
- Make sure that you have catered to the 10mm expansion gap that is necessary around the perimeter of the flooring.
- While laminate floors are resistant to moisture due to the protective outer layer, it is important to ensure that it is only installed in a climate controlled area. Excessive moisture will damage the flooring. This means that it is not ideal to install laminate flooring in open or outside areas.
- It is important to remember that laminate flooring cannot be installed over carpet, so ensure that if you have carpeting, that it is completely removed before installation.
These are just a few of the things to take into consideration when having laminate flooring installed. Professionals such as Mat Floors make use of laminate flooring panels which if prepared and installed correctly, just click into each other. If you are unsure about the process or would like to understand it better, then chat to one of the consultants who will be more than willing to assist you.
Take a moment to contact Mat Floors and chat to them about yourlaminate flooring installation. You will find that they are more than willing to assist you with your every flooring need.