For the modern homeowner and active families, laminated flooring is fastly becoming the number one choice of floor coverings. With its great characteristics for not harboring dust, laminated floors are also the choice for many people with allergies, such as asthma, etc.
Due to its European success, laminated floors are the fastest growing choice for flooring in South Africa. It’s low cost, durability, visual looks, and ease of cleaning, make it a great solution for those consumers wanting the looks of a cozy, hygienic and modern home.
Laminated floors have a wear-resistant decorative surface made of resin-based melamine. This material is bonded to a moisture-resistant wood-based core. A balancing backing is bonded to the underside of the core. Since the resin-filled wear layer is so dense, it becomes extremely difficult to stain, scratch, or burn with a cigarette.
Why choose Mat Floors laminate range?
- The laminate flooring planks we use range from 6mm to 17mm in thickness.
- The entire laminated flooring plank is constructed from the highest quality moisture resistant HDF “high density fiberboard” with a resin based decorative film.
- The laminated flooring is a 4th generation ‘Click’ system, i.e. the flooring planks are inserted at 30° to one another.
- We offer a standard foam underlay. At an additional cost we can also offer a Rubber underlay, which reduces noise when walking on the floor.
- The laminated flooring that we supply comes with a written 15 year surface wear warranty. Backed by the manufacturer.
- All laminated flooring installations are backed by a 1 Year warrantee.
- Each different colour we supply has matching non scratch skirtings.
How do I keep my laminate floors clean?
Easy to Clean The after care that laminate flooring requires is very little and extremely simple. Cleaning laminate flooring, if carried out regularly, can keep your floor looking like new for many years to come. A simple brush over with a soft headed brush or a very slightly damp mop, is all that is needed when cleaning laminate flooring. Follow this with the use of a vacuum cleaner around the edges of the room, and that is all that is generally required.
More Useful Cleaning tips >
What is the difference between laminate & hardwood flooring?
Both laminated floors and hardwood floors can beautify a home. While hardwood is often thought to be a superior choice, there are several advantages to laminate flooring.
Distinct differences between the two types of flooring often make laminate a more attractive alternative. Solid hardwood of any thickness (most is 3/8″ to 3/4″) should be installed only above grade. Laminate flooring can be installed above or below grade, and over virtually any other flooring surface. Some hardwood flooring is engineered, meaning that instead of solid hardwood, it is made of several wood layers with a hardwood veneer. Laminate flooring, usually 7mm to 8mm (5/16″ to 3/8″), is also made of several layers. These are laminated together which makes for stability and strength. The top surface of laminate flooring is a photograph of hardwood.
High quality photographs faithfully reproduce the grain and colour of natural hardwood, and the surfaces on quality laminate flooring closely resemble real wood. Although many people insist on hardwood flooring, laminates are a long-lasting, durable, affordable option that are quickly becoming one of the most popular types of flooring.
What is Laminate Flooring? Read more >