Laminated Wood Flooring Is Cheaper And More Durable Than Genuine Wooden Flooring
Laminated wood flooring is not really wood flooring at all; it is an engineered floor designed to look just like real wood, but at a fraction of the price. As the green movement starts to prompt people to prioritise the preservation of their natural resources, laminated flooring has become a very popular (and far more responsible) alternative to genuine wood flooring. Most people would never be able to tell the difference and you will be the only one who knows how much money you had saved.
Celebrities Lead the Way as Genuine Wooden Flooring Falls Out Of Favour
Genuine wooden flooring has come under pressure of late due to this movement and suddenly a synthetic alternative has become a status symbol, because it shows you care for the environment. People want to emulate their favourite celebrities and the green drive is gaining momentum with many of these celebrities opting for environmentally favourable products. Toby McGuire of Spiderman fame has famously turned down a Mercedes as a gift because it had leather seats and Leonardo DiCaprio drives a hybrid car. Similarly, genuine wooden flooring is being frowned upon by likeminded people.
Not Just Responsible; Practical Too
However, it does not have to feel like you have settled for less than the best if you insist on laminated wood flooring, because thankfully it is not only ecologically responsible, but exhibits many other advantages:
- Most importantly perhaps, it is beautiful and virtually indistinguishable from a real wood floor, because the top wear layer is imprinted with high-quality photographs of real wood.
- We have already mentioned that it is far cheaper, because it contains no expensive hardwoods.
- When sealed properly, it is more resistant to moisture than real wood.
- The top cosmetic layer is extremely tough and offers superior resistance to denting, burning, scuffing and scratching.
- Laminate flooring is easy to care for and maintains its appearance with mopping and sweeping, unlike real wood that requires special care.
The Secret is in the Construction
The secret of laminate wood flooring’s price and durability advantages is in its ingenious construction that brings you the best of both worlds. The first thing you see is the walking surface and this is a resin-based melamine wear layer that is extremely tough while it is made to look just like real wood. It is bonded to a very dense fibre board core that is processed from wood industry waste products and the whole ensemble rests on a foam underlay.
Enjoy the full advantages of laminated wood flooring today.